anais_pf: (Default)
[personal profile] anais_pf posting in [community profile] thefridayfive
1. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

2. If you could do anything in the world as your career, what would you do?

3. If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?

4. If you could be any supernatural creature, what would you be and why?

5. If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?

Copy and paste to your own journal, then reply to this post with a link to your answers. If your journal is private or friends-only, you can post your full answers in the comments below.

If you'd like to suggest questions for a future Friday Five, then do so on DreamWidth or LiveJournal. Old sets that were used have been deleted, so we encourage you to suggest some more!

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-25 01:06 pm (UTC)
mercurygrin: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mercurygrin
1. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
I would want to be an expert in languages. I have always wanted to be a polyglot, and have always studied language, but I barely handle English.

2. If you could do anything in the world as your career, what would you do?
I wanted to be a poet/writer when I was a teenager. So I guess that.

3. If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?
I would have picked 35. I was at my fittest, no health problems, at a healthy weight and lots of energy.

4. If you could be any supernatural creature, what would you be and why?
Lochness monster. I would be mysterious and an expert at swimming. Or an elf. Or a unicorn. Or a kitsune.

5. If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
I would teach belly dance again. The only thing I would feel I have enough knowledge to teach.
Edited Date: 2026-09-25 01:07 pm (UTC)

My answers (because my journal's FO)

Date: 2026-09-25 01:43 pm (UTC)
clairaudient: A FxxxING RAINBOW~ (Rina Rainbow)
From: [personal profile] clairaudient
1. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
Hmmm... Actually, this IS a really tough question, because I really enjoy the time and effort learning and making mistakes and learning from them and rearranging stuff and whatnot takes. So probably something I would not want to spend time on learning? I would take stuff like taxes and business blabla, because they simply bore me and reading up on laws and taxes and what is the exception of paragraph blaaaa is so exhausting and tiring, I would much rather spend my time learning something I love instead and spending all my time doing this (songwriting, playing musical instruments, singing, music production, recording techniques, mixing, mastering (for various ways of playing music), ...).

2. If you could do anything in the world as your career, what would you do?
A blended career of creating and performing my own music and helping others create theirs. ^___^ Definitely.

3. If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?
I never felt any age I actually was. I also remembered today, when I was 17 people I talked to online were rather surprised to learn about my age, because I sounded like a 30-something-year-old. When I was 30, and people slowly started being more formal around me (I always looked younger than I was... Except for my teenage years, wtf?), I was already feeling a bit weird. I didn't feel like an adult, nor like I imagined as a younger person a 30-year-old person would feel. Right now I am 42, my mind feels definitely younger than that, like in its early to mid 20s, but my bones and joints certainly feel like I am 100 years. XDD *wiggles walking stick* You kids these days~~~ (And your loud music, and your hula hoops, and your hopscotch, and your dungarees, and your lollipops, and your Sony Playstations, ...)! So maybe, if I were to be immortal (and I wouldn't want to be immortal), I want to stop aging at 25 and also have no elderly person problems, because my joints are killing me!!

4. If you could be any supernatural creature, what would you be and why?
My first thought was a ghoul of some sort, but honestly, that is tied to some negative memories, so I will not leave this stand here. I want to be a vampire. The non-sparkling kind, but the kind that sleeps during the day (Something I would very much want to do, too, if the world would let me.), and who can turn themself into any kind of crrreature of the night. I also want to make a mess when I am a bat, just to piss off visitors to my castle. I could hypnotise people even from a distance, and make them do whatever I'd want to, so yay.

5. If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?
I don't want to teach an entire class, as I am really bad at explaining. I will start tutoring some kids in math (one on one) starting soon, but that is not the same as teaching a class. I also don't feel like I reached the exceptionally brilliant stage of any of my interests, and I am also sure I never will. I would still want to pass on the love for songwriting, making music, etc. though, so IF I had to choose a subject I am really passionate about, then this.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-25 04:20 pm (UTC)

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-25 04:48 pm (UTC)
alchemicink: (Default)
From: [personal profile] alchemicink
My answers are here!

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-26 04:15 am (UTC)
blackcatofmisery: Heiji and Shinichi from Gosho Aoyama's Detective Conan (mystery twins)
From: [personal profile] blackcatofmisery
  1. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Oh, boy. It would be fantastic if I was expertly proficient in crochet, then I wouldn't have to look up stitches I already learned so often...

    I'd also love to be a forensics expert. Broad forensics.

    Computer programming would be great, too. I wouldn't need to rely on my tech whiz brother so often and face his smugness.

    Languages! Plural or just Spanish. Spanish would come in handy more readily. I'd get into telenovellas and watch sports with much more exciting commentary. Just being able to read another language and not rely on someone else's biased translation offers much greater understanding. It would allow me to reach into greater pools of books, movies, et cetera; not everything has subtitles.

  2. If you could do anything in the world as your career, what would you do? I used to want to go into psychology to work with LGBTQ+ kids, but that didn't pan out. Didn't wanna move across the country and be even more in debt.

    Would've become a veterinary assistant, if anyone had hired me. I enjoy working with animals but don't think I could be the doctor making decisions and performing surgeries.

    Now, I do have an interest in forensic/investigative genetic genealogy, because identifying the unidentified is very important and could do so much for so many waiting for answers.

  3. If you could be immortal, What age would you choose to stop aging at and why? I would never want to be immortal. (Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you can't get sick or injured, and you'd have to live with that forever. Ain't worth it.)

  4. If you could be any supernatural creature, what would you be and why? I've narrowed it down to three (3): cat-sìth, kraken, or drop bear. Cat-sìths steal fresh souls. Could be fun. Krakens sink ships. Could be fun. Drop bears terrorize tourists. Could be fun.

  5. If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach? There are two (2) potential classes I'd teach: Common Sense or Driving. Every person on this planet needs to learn and embrace common sense; society would be so much different, so much better, if we all practiced common sense. Society would improve if we all drove properly, too.

=^..^=~

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-26 08:59 pm (UTC)

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-27 12:21 pm (UTC)